Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula The Global Business Simulation Strategy Game – Glo – Bus Quiz Answers

You are searching about Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula, today we will share with you article about Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula is useful to you.

The Global Business Simulation Strategy Game – Glo – Bus Quiz Answers

If you’re in a business strategy class, you can participate in a global business simulation strategy game, or “Glo-Bus” for short. You will probably complete two quizzes in this course, Glo-Bus Quiz 1 and Glo-Bus Quiz 2. Both quizzes cover the basics of the game and Quiz 2 in particular can have very difficult questions. Many questions are financial. Here is one example that you will most likely get.

Given the following financial statement data:

Income statement data, 1st quarter

(in thousands)

Sales revenue $50,000

Business profit $14,400

Net profit $9,555

Balance sheet data

Current assets total $70,000

Total assets $149,000

Current liabilities total $26,000

LT debt (accepting line of credit) $33,000

Total equity $90,000

Other financial data

Depreciation $4,000

Dividend payments $2,250

Based on the figures above, what percentages of debt and equity does the company’s capital structure consist of? (These percentages are one of the components used to determine a company’s credit rating, as explained on the Help screen on the GSR Comparative Financial Performance page.)

Here are 5 answers.

20% debt and 80% equity, or 20:80.

27% debt and 73% equity, or 27:73.

35% debt and 65% equity, or 35:65.

37% debt and 63% equity, or 37:63.

None of them.

To answer this question, we need to look at this income statement and conclude what debt and equity are.

Total Equity shows up at $90,000 so it’s easy.

But the real hard part is deciphering what debt is. Believe it or not, current liabilities are not considered “debt”. And that’s a mistake people make.

So the debt is just a long term debt of $33,000, so what?

To determine the correct ratio, use the debt ratio formula = debt/(debt+equity)

[And for note the equity ratio=equity/(debt+equity)]

Or so 33,000/(33,000+90,000)=.268 or equal to 27%. Therefore, the debt ratio is 27% and the remaining 73% is equity.

The correct answer is the second one!

Video about Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula

You can see more content about Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula on our youtube channel: Click Here

Question about Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula

If you have any questions about Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!

The article Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!

Rate Articles Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula

Rate: 4-5 stars
Ratings: 8110
Views: 15642212

Search keywords Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula

Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula
way Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula
tutorial Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula
Balance Sheet Is Based Upon Which Of The Following Formula free
#Global #Business #Simulation #Strategy #Game #Glo #Bus #Quiz #Answers

Source: https://ezinearticles.com/?The-Global-Business-Simulation-Strategy-Game—Glo—Bus-Quiz-Answers&id=4128370

Bài viết đã được tạo 2732

Bài liên quan

Bắt đầu nhập từ khoá bên trên và nhấp enter để tìm kiếm. Nhấn ESC để huỷ.

Trở lên trên