How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula Why Dog Food Comparisons Are Difficult to Make – The Reason You Need to Understand Dog Food Labels

You are searching about How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula, today we will share with you article about How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula is useful to you.

Why Dog Food Comparisons Are Difficult to Make – The Reason You Need to Understand Dog Food Labels

When you wander down the pet food aisle at your grocery store, do you find it hard to compare dog food? Maybe you’re really trying to understand dog food labels, but they still sound like a foreign language.

Let’s see if we can shed some light on the subject.

The Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) is a commercial organization that regulates the quality and safety of ingredients found in pet food in the United States.

AAFCO conducts tests to determine which specific ingredients are acceptable as pet food. The problem is that they judge high and low quality ingredients to be both nutritionally adequate. Why? Because consumers demand pet food in a wide price range.

This is one of the reasons why it is difficult to compare. If you don’t learn to understand how to read labels, you will never be able to compare properly.

Dog food labels will of course have the name of the product. This name can refer to the main ingredient, for example Lamb dinner or it may indicate the type of dog the food is intended for, e.g A delicious dog Puppy food or A delicious dog Senior Diet.

By the way, ingredients are measured by weight. So when we talk about a product that contains 25% meat, that 25% means 25% of the total weight.

Now, when a product is named after a specific ingredient, for example A delicious dog beef, the product should consist mainly of beef. In fact, canned food should contain 70% beef and dry food should contain 95% beef. The difference between the two is the water found in canned foods.

Now this is where it gets tricky.

If and when product labels use terms such as dinner, formula or pieces — like a chicken dinnerbeef piecesmutton the formula — then the percentages change. Using these terms, the product must contain only 25% of the named ingredient. So the chicken ingredients the formula may contain only 25% chicken.

When you’re doing dog food comparisons, you need to understand this fact. If you like the product Yummy dog ​​beef dinner contains only 25% beef, which makes up the other 75% of the ingredients?

Let’s read some dog food labels and see.

You’ll be happy to know that ingredients should still be listed in descending order of weight. So a label for a beef dinner might read:

Beef dinner – Ingredients: corn, meat and bone meal, wheat, beef.

You may think you’re feeding your pet beef, when in fact it’s mostly cornmeal and meat meal (more on meat meal in another article – it’s disgusting!)

Now to confuse you a bit more with the terms labels use taste or seasoned (eg chicken Seasoned Nuggets) — then all the rules go out the door. The exact percentage of said ingredient (in this case chicken) does not have to be in the food. The formula just needs contain ingredient somewhere.

There’s no question, without reading dog food labels, ingredients can be deceiving. That’s why it’s important to do dog food comparisons, checking one label against another until you find a healthy dinner for your pet!

Video about How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula

You can see more content about How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula on our youtube channel: Click Here

Question about How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula

If you have any questions about How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!

The article How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!

Rate Articles How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula

Rate: 4-5 stars
Ratings: 6330
Views: 3470459 6

Search keywords How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula

How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula
way How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula
tutorial How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula
How Do You Know If You Need To Change Formula free
#Dog #Food #Comparisons #Difficult #Reason #Understand #Dog #Food #Labels

Source: https://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Dog-Food-Comparisons-Are-Difficult-to-Make—The-Reason-You-Need-to-Understand-Dog-Food-Labels&id=5072718

Bài viết đã được tạo 2736

Bài liên quan

Bắt đầu nhập từ khoá bên trên và nhấp enter để tìm kiếm. Nhấn ESC để huỷ.

Trở lên trên